Thursday, August 6, 2015

IT'S A CELEBRATION B!TCHES!: LAURYN HILL'S SON ZION CELEBRATES 18TH BIRTHDAY + MORE!


Smile! Rohan Marley and Lauryn Hill pictured with their son, the birthday boy -- Zion Marley!

Yesterday (August 5), Lauryn Hill's oldest son child, Zion Marley celebrated his 18th birthday and as they say, it was a lituation!


Rappers Jadakiss and Fabolous help Zion celebrate his 18th birthday.

L-Boogie must've pulled some strings because two of New York's finest, rappers Jadakiss and Fabolous were in attendance to help Zion celebrate his birthday

Check out more pictures after the break plus an awesome throwback!



Zion with friends before the birthday lituation


Zion and Fabolous

Zion pictured with sister Selah, their younger brother and friends.

Fabolous pictured with Lauryn's oldest daughter Selah Marley.
Selah is her mother's twin! #Bella

Fabolous captioned his picture with Lauryn Hill that he posted on his Instagram page,
"A honor & pleasure to link wit Mrs. Lauryn Hill.. Celebrated the Life of her son Zion turning 18. I'm one of his favorites. Cycle of Hip Hip generations. Legendary! #Zion18th #LaurynHill #LivingLegend"

Lauryn pictured with one of my personal favs,  J-To-The-Muah, Jadakiss!

In related news, Zion posted on his Instagram page this utterly adorable picture of himself  as a kid with his mother during Throwback Thursdays a few weeks ago.

One day... you'll understand... Zion
Unsure of what the balance held
I touched my belly overwhelmed
By what I had been chosen to perform
But then an angel came one day
Told  me to kneel down and pray
For unto me a man child would be born
Woe this crazy circumstance I knew his life deserved a chance
But everybody told me to be smart
Look at your career they said,
"Lauryn, baby, use your head
But instead I chose to use my heart
Now the joy, of my world, is in Zion!

*tear* Awww! Now I'm in a mood. 

In celebration of my favorite social media celebratory day --Throwback Thursdays, check out Lauryn Hill performing her beautifully crafted classic Zion, with some assistance from Carlos Santana at the 41st Grammy Awards, below!


At that year's awards ceremony, Lauryn took home five Grammys including the coveted Album of the Year and Best New Artist awards.  

My how time flies! I distinctly remember the summer of 1998 because I had recently graduated from high school and was preparing to go to college. During the day I had a summer job as a tutor at a local middle school in DC --shoutouts to the late Mayor Marion Barry, and in the evening and on weekends I worked at this one-time poppin' hair salon as a shampoo girls... oh, the stories I could tell! #AmazingTimes

Anyway, Lauryn's Lost Ones, Zion, and Doo Woop (That Thing) were in heavy rotation all over DC that summer and the vividness and sincerity of the lyrics to Zion struck a chord with me and millions of people around the world. 

As a result, we were all rooting for Lauryn and baby Zion back then, and we still are! 

Happy belated birthday Zion and many more!

Photos: Rohan, Zion and Selah Marley's Instagram, Fabolous' Instagram and Jadakiss' Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment