Monday, August 25, 2014

2014 MTV VMAs RED CARPET!

Beyonce wore a Nicolas Jebran see-through beaded sparkly gown on the VMA red carpet, complete with Lorraine Schwartz earrings.

Jennifer Lopez wore a cut-out Charbel Zoe silver glittery gown.

Jordin Sparks wore a white plunging neck body conscious dress complete with front slit... me likes!

Nicki Minaj wore a python print long sleeve Saint Laurent mini.
Nice!
Taylor Swift wore London-based designer Mary Katranzou onesie.
For the most part I think Tay-Tay looks good, just not feeling her pairing those shoes with her 'fit.

Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose made an appearance on the VMA red carpet.
And judging from Amber's "dress" and Katy Perry's (further below) denim Versace gown, last nights VMAs for some, appeared to be all about the ghost of VMAs past.  



Amber Rose wore a shredded crystal chained "dress" designed by Laura Dewitt




Actress Rose McGowan accompanied her then boyfriend, rocker Marilyn Manson to the 1998 (I was off by a year) VMAs.
*shrugs* Maybe it's a "Rose" thing...  
Katy Perry and caricature rapper Riff Raff paid homage to Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake's denim obsessed 2001 VMAs  ensemble at last nights awards.

Sure, I like a couple of Katy's song, but she just comes off mad gimmicky, especially considering her age.
From her songs to her videos to her choice in this years VMA red carpet attire.

It feels like Katy does things just to make the latest Buzzfeed list.

Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake coupled up at the 2001 VMAs... memories, misty-colored, memories!




Usher!
Sidebar: Although I was glad he performed I wasn't really feelin' his VMA performance.
I need that "U"-chain-swangin'-around-your-neck-as-you-glide-ever-so-across-the-stage-singing-the-chorus-to-"I Need A Girl"-Part 1-UR-sher-baby back, STAT!


Snoop Dogg brought his adorably cute daugther Cori "Choc" Broadus as his VMA date.

I feel old!
It seems like just yesterday Snoop and his family had that hilarious reality show on E!.
I can hear Choc now, "you don't know no David Beckham dad."


Ariana Grande rocked Moschino...for my misses (Sorry, couldn't help it!) on the red carpet.
Isn't she adorable?! And she can saaang!

Model Chanel Iman rocked a Versace lookin' Balmain bondage dress with Casadei leather "cage" sandals!
I'm lovin' Chanel's ENTIRE look --from the black bamboo earrings to her side-part bob cut!



Rapper Angel Haze made an appearance on the VMAs red carpet with her boo thang, Ireland Baldwin (daughter of actors Kim Bassinger and Alec "I left a disgusting rant-filled message on my minor daughter's voicemail, where I called her a "rude little pig" Baldwin).
Angel's "Battle Cry"video was nominated for "Best Video with a Social Message".
No club shooting hours prior to the VMAs is going to stop Chris Brown from making an appearance (even if he isn't nominated for one single award) on the red carpet looking all types of wrong... none whatsoever!

No seriously Chris, what's the matter?
Why have you stopped giving a f__k again? 

Rocker Gwen Stefani added a pop of color to the VMAs red carpet last night when she showed up in her own L.A..M.B. designs. 
Common was on his "Star Trek" steez yesterday.
He's cute enough that he can get away with it... this time.
Iggy Azalea donned a Versace ice blue strapless gown.
Hated it!
Now the girl does knows her fashion, so I'm not sure what happened last night.
Can't win them all.

Iggy did keep with the 'booty-ful' VMAs theme at least!

Jason Derulo, who before his "Talk Dirty" single became a hit, I had no clue of what song(s) he sung,  made an appearance on the red carpet in a crisp white ensemble (to match his boo-napolous Jordin Sparks) and completed his look with some futuristic high-priced, no doubt, metallic and white sneakers.

Quirky designer Jeremy Scott was bright and right on the red carpet.
He was serious --ok as serious as Jeremy can get, in the front...

and all party and smiles in the back! "Don't hurt'em Tearia!"

UK's Jessie J looked awesome in a Halston goddess gown.
I like the contrast between her jet black hair sleeked hair and her  light lemon-lime flowy gown!
Wuuurk! 



Maroon 5 (l-r: Mickey Madden, Jesse Carmichael, Adam Levine, James Valentine, Matt Flynn and PJ Morton) was in the building!
Sidebar: I didn't realize there was a Black member in the band.
The band has great hair!




Miley Cyrus REALLY looked great yesterday.
She wore Alexandre Vauthier.
I like her entire look, from her whispery pixie cut to her shoes! #NoGimmickZone

A very pregnant Kelly Rowland made an appearance at the VMAs (likely to support her "sister" Beyonce).
Kelly's Kaufman Franco shimmery nude dress matched her glow!



Michelle Williams also came out to support Beyonce's big win last night.
Chelly looked beautiful in a Roberto Cavali giraffe-print halter gown.

YaaaSSSS! Michelle's hair and make-up is DIDT!


The "No. 1 supermodel", Joan Smalls was spotted on the VMAs' red carpet in a knitted Balmain mini which was very similar to the dress Kim Kardashian (see further below) rocked last night.
Joan along with model Chanel Iman and Jourdan Dunn were featured in Beyonce's "Yonce" video off her critically acclaimed "Beyonce" album. The trio even snapped a picture together

"Shinin' like white diamonds!"

Model Jourdan Dunn also rocked Balmain on the red carpet.
Her two-piece 'fit works for her.

Ke$ha rocked a Johanna Johnson sparkly number



Orange is the New Black star Uzo Aduba (and my Igbo Nigerian brethen) hit the VMA carpet in a printed little black dress with exaggerated shoulders!

Solange Knowles rocked a midnight blue glittery H&M Studio Collection suit.
I wasn't a fan of the oversize suit jacket.

Reportedly although Solange made an appearance on the VMA red carpet last night, she apparently was not seen inside during the actual awards... *sighs*
Solange is my birthday twin and we both at one time had a slight obsession with Nasir bin Olu Dara Jones (And yes, I will type out his full government if  I choose to!), so I feel like I get 'Langey.
Maybe she wasn't feeling the vibe inside the award show and decided to bounce.
I too work off vibes, and if it's not right, I've come to a point in my life where I'm just not as my mommy puts it, "displeasing myself to please you."
Solange likely bounced! #DistanceDistanceDistance is the motive. 

Laverne Cox rocked a Mac Bouwer one shoulder glittery mini last night.
I still haven't gotten around to watching a single episode of Orange is the New Black (I know, don't shoot me!), so I still refer to Laverne as the chick from VH1's  I Want to Work for Diddy.
I need to get my hands on my brother's Netflix account.
Jamie Chung rocked a burgundy glittery Versace mini.
She also got her start on a Viacom-owned reality show.
Her and Jacquese were my favorite cast members from MTV's Real World: San Diego

Katie Stevens of MTV's Fakin' (yeah 'cause I had know idea who she was, I just really like her gown.) looked beautiful in a white lace see-through gown complete with front slit.

Still not a fan of the Kardashian-Jenner bunch, but they did attend the VMAs, so I included them in my red carpet coverage.

Kendall Jenner rocked a mesh top and trousers by Alon Livne!
Niccce! #ModelBehavior
Kim Kardashian rocked a Balmain knitted mini...

Kylie Jenner looked GROWN yet pretty in a silk wrapped black gown complete with side slit.

Former ANTM contestant Natalie Gal (You know I did my Googles!) givin' face and...

busy everything else.

Rita Ora wore the heck out of her red silk Donna Karan Atelier barely there gown! 

That back!!!

Amber Rose: Yep! Caught you looking VMA camera guy.

JLo has something that is rare amongst the Big Booty Judys of the current: an au naturale booty! #ClapFor'em





One word Taylor: Squats!


Beyonce: I said, " I woke up, ***Flawless!"




Source: Getty Images and MTV.comhttp://thechickfix.blogspot.com/2014/08/beyonce-receives-2014-michael-jackson.html?m=1

No comments:

Post a Comment