Friday, November 2, 2012

DENZEL WASHINGTON'S "FLIGHT" IN THEATERS TODAY + DISCUSSES " THE N***A THEY COULDN'T KILL!" + DANIEL CRAIG, NAOMIE HARRIS & JAVIER BARDEM AT "SKYFALL" PHOTO CALL IN MADRID


Denzel Washington was snapped at the premiere of his latest movie, Flight --which hits theaters today! Denzel is generating quite the Oscar buzz for his role in this film. He will no doubt have some competition with fellow 2x Academy award-winner Daniel Day-Lewis (Who is 1 of 5 of my personal favorite actors!). Hey, but you know what they say, you're only as good as your competition!


Denzel pictured with Justin Martin III, who plays the role of Will in Flight.




Check out Denzel discussing some advice that Sidney Poitier gave him which shaped his career and why he passed down the role of The N***a They Couldn't Kill plus James Bond's Skyfall cast in Madrid, after the break!


...There was some Jewish people in the audition. And I was like yeah. And they were like 'no it’s funny, it’s like they hang him but they can’t...' Yeah like you bring some Jewish people into a room and they think it’s a shower but it’s gas! And they said... 'right!' I said, 'right that ain't funny!' So to me it wasn’t funny about putting a rope around my… mf’in neck, either. I made a point. The guy was like, ‘who the hell is this little n***a come in, talking like this?' 
...I called Sidney Poitier, and I was sick, he [Poitier] told me to call him if I, you know. I said man, 'they offered me $600, 000 to play the “The N***a They Couldn’t Kill.' He said, I’m not going to tell you what to do, I’m not going to tell you that Denzel. But I can tell you this, the first 2 to 3 or 4 films you do in this business will dictate how you are perceived, in this business…so YOU make a decision. 
You know he didn’t tell me what to do and I give him credit for that. And I turned it [The N***a They Couldn’t Kill] down. And 6 months later, I got “Cry Of Freedom,” and got an Oscar nomination. 
Preach Denzel!

I'm a firm believer, that God has each of our lives completely mapped out before we are even born. And sometimes, we miss opportunities that we think we should have gotten; horrible things happen to us and/or sometimes we just lose our way in this world. With that said, I truly believe, when all is said and done, we each are exactly where we are supposed to be in life, and the difficult things we go through only makes us stronger and prepare us for what lies ahead!

Sidebar: And y'all wonder why I ride for this man --Denzel, oh so HARD! Denzel Washington = brains, beauty and brawn!

Keep your third eye open Chicks and Dicks and *Dap voice* WAKKKKE UPPPP!



British actress, Naomie Harris stars opposite Daniel Craig --who plays the title character, as the latest Bond girl! The cast of Bond's Skyfall were snapped in Madrid last week (Oct. 28) at a photo call to promote their upcoming movie.

Naomie with co-star Javier Bardem

Naomie and Daniel Craig

Javier and Daniel! Sidebar: I really admire the way Javier and his wife --Academy award-winning actress, Penelope Cruz, separate their professional life from their personal life. Now if you want to talk about a celebrity couple who genuinely tries to keep their personal life out of the public eye, they're your couple. Heck, Penelope and Javier got married and had a baby and this info is still not generally known to the masses.

What's so funny guys? I wanna laugh too!





Photo: Bauer Griffin and Getty Images

No comments:

Post a Comment