Wednesday, October 3, 2012

CUTENESS + NEW MOVIE TRAILER FIX: YARA SHAHIDI STARS IN "BUTTER"!



Another pint-size cutie is stealing my heart these days and her name is Yara Shahidi!

You may recognize the up-and-coming young actress' face from the movies Salt starring Academy-award winning actress Angelina Jolie or from Imagine That starring Academy-nominated actor/comedienne, Eddie Murphy

Or if you're like me and never forget a face, you may recognize this cutie from her television commercial days when Yara and her mother Keri Shahidi were regularly featured in McDonald and Target commercials.


Cast of Butter
*click to enlarge*

The half African-American, half Iranian young Hollywood actress, is set to star in the upcoming film Butter also starring Jennifer GardnerAlicia Silverstone, Olivia Wilde, Ty Burrell and Rob Corddry.




A young orphan (Shahidi) discovers her uncanny talent for butter sculpture in an Iowa town where her adoptive family lives. The talent pits her against the ambitious wife (Garner) of the reigning champion (Burrell) in the annual butter sculpture competition.* 

Check out MUCH more on this budding actress plus find out which MC listed in everyones top 5, is Yara's cousin, after the break!

Cast of The First Family
*click to enlarge*

Yara will also be in the upcoming Alex Cross movie starring Tyler Perry and she has a new sitcom titled The First Family with her biological younger brother Sayeed Shahidi (who has also done some TV commercial work), set to premiere this fall.

Yara pictured with her younger brothers and her mother
*click to enlarge*

The Shahidis minus 1!

Yara recently did a Q&A with Next Movie.

How did you get involved in this movie? 
I auditioned. I really loved the script, but then the second time I was going in to audition, like 30 minutes before, we figured out that I had three new pages of dialogue that I hadn't memorized because we thought it was just the same thing, so I memorized it in the car ride!


When you got the part were you surprised?
When I got the part, it was March and so it was Persian new year and I thought we were just going to celebrate that but then my parents told me and I picked up my brother and squeezed him and was like, "Really?!" and then I just kind of dropped him...

You dropped your brother?!
(Laughs.) Yeah. I was like, "I can't believe it!" And then I dropped him and he was mad.

You play the adopted daughter of Alicia Silverstone and Rob Corddry. In real life, how are you like your character Destiny and how are you different?
Destiny and I both have doubts at times, but we end up getting over it and succeeding. As far as how we're different, she's kind of shy, and I'm not shy.

Do the kids at school treat you differently now?
No, they're just like, "Yara, bring me something back from Louisiana." (Laughs.) They just want souvenirs. I would send them puzzles and stuff. I sent them pictures. They liked it. But now I'm home-schooled. I go on and off home-school and regular school, but the kids don't treat me any differently because they've all known me forever.

How did you first get discovered?
I started doing commercials with my mom in Minnesota, I think for Target. Then I read ["Imagine That"] and I loved it and I auditioned. It was really funny because when I got to go into the scene with Eddie Murphy, he just really reminded me of my uncle and that made it so much better for me! I had so much fun!

What would you be doing if you weren't acting?
I really love acting, but I also really want to be a historian, so it's really confusing. I'm admiring all these philosophers, but at the same time there's all these actors and actresses who have like gone to Harvard and been able to do all these great things, so I'm trying to figure that out right now.


Did you get to buy anything with your first Hollywood paycheck?
I wasn't even aware of the money! I just think, "Oh my gosh, I get to be on set! This is so cool!" But I'm pretty it goes into savings because I want to go to Oxford.


Rock or rap
I really love hip hop. My cousin Nas came out with an album "Life Is Good" and I love that album, but I also love Maroon 5. I've played "One More Night" like 20 times in the last day.


Nas and Kelis' wedding party --little Yara is one of the flower girls to your (far right bottom row)



Lady Gaga or Madonna?
Rihanna!


To read Yara's full Q&A, head on over to Next Movie!


To keep up with the latest on Yara, head on over to her site!
I wanted to let you know that I am officially done with 6th grade!!! woohoo!!!! I am switching to a all girls school for 7th grade, and I received the only 7th grade academic scholarship! Hard work pays off!! I have been busy with commercial work, auditions and a bit of ADR (voice work) for my next movie, Butter. I will stop by soon with more pics and updates!-Yara

McDonald's Commercial






Keri and Yara Describe Beauty






Photos: Getty Images, http://www.commercialmommy.com/, http://www.kerishahidi.com/index.htm and IMDB

1 comment:

  1. What a great role model for young girls Yara is. I have a feeling we're going to be seeing a lot more of this adorable actress in the near future.

    ReplyDelete