Wednesday, September 12, 2012

THROWBACK PIC: QUEEN LATIFAH & TUPAC + MORE! [VIDEO]


One of the good people that run Tupac's facebook fan page posted this pic a week or so ago of the late legend with rapper/actress/producer/director (look, she does it all), Queen Latifah.

Ignore the fact that they look...faded, faded, faded (...my n___a, I'm faded!) in this picture, and reminisce with me if you will about the good ole 90s.

It was in the 90s that artist like Latifah and Tupac blossomed in the hip hop game as well as developed a camaraderie with one another. The later part seems to be lacking in today's hip hop scene and no, those DJ Khaled videos where he has the same 4 or 5 rappers who reside in Florida, sprinkled in with a little Akon-assisted chorus, does not equate to what I'm talking about.


Check out more pictures I found of the two after the break, plus one of my all-time favorite movie scenes starring Latifah!




Flex: F__k is wrong with my mix?!    
Ruffhouse MC: Look,  the shit is totally sloppy!    
-Only a fool would open up the way you do!   
-Nobody likes the records that you play!   
-Alright!   
-It's just completely WACK, face it!    
-FACE IT!   
Flex: F__k you!   
Ruffhouse MC: Well you might have a chance, if that shit wasn't so small!  
Next!  
Classic!

Queen Latifah had a small but memorable cameo in the movie Juice, which starred Tupac as a sociopath teen, who murders and terrorizes his former friends after a robbery gone bad.  

This movie was and still is one of my all-time favorite movies! 

It brings back so many good memories from my childhood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment