Monday, February 27, 2012

OSCARS 2012 RED CARPET -BLACK, WHITE & GOLD!

BLACK, WHITE & GOLD!


This. dress. is. my. QUAN! Angelina Jolie's black velvet Atelier Versace gown was easily in the top 3 best dresses of '12 Oscars! The dress even gave Angie the appearance that she had a little va-va voom body...even though we know that's not case! The momma of 6 gave it!

Stacy Keibler aka George's new piece, looked absolutely, positively, biz-zangin' in this gold lamé Marchesa gown! 

Gwyneth Paltrow elevated her Tom Ford cream gown from simple and chic to fashion forward status with the addition of the matching cape! Gwynie has really been stepping up her fashion game from nice and safe to chic and sultry in the last 2 years or so...I see you pimpin'!


The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo star Rooney Mara looked very old school glam with the bang and red lips with a touch of edge --I really like the unexpected, in my mind, ode to Jean Paul Gaultier and Madonna's Blond Ambition tour wardrobe-type of thing happening with this gown! 


I proud to announce that for once, I'm actually diggin' Tina Fey's 'fits! Tina donned a navy blue (I know it's not black per the title of this blog, but it's close enough!) Carolina Herrera gown! Her dress, hair, jewelry and from what I can make of her clutch = KA-UTE!
Sandra Bullock looked a ill-fitted mess in Marchesa...and that's hard to do!
The Descendant's star Shailene Woodley rocked a Valentino Couture...nice dress, wrong occasion!

Judy Greer (I know, who? She was most memorable to me as JLo's right-hand chick in The Wedding Planner and my personal fav...13 Going On 30 (had a thug shedding a little tears toward the end of the movie) starring Jennifer Garner and Mark Ruffalo). Anywhoo, she rocked a Monique Lhuillier gown...simple with a little glitz...I dig it!

Bingbing Li donned a Georges Chakra Coutre textured floral gown with sheer panels! I like this dress, but think it would have looked better on someone with more curves like Halle or JLo in order to get the full effect of the dress..."just my thoughts...just what I was feeling at the time..."

Kelly Ripa wore a Carolina Herrara gown...I can't tell if the color is leaning more toward a light/pale green or if that's just the photo.


Busy Philipps wore a Dolce & Gabbana floral print, strapless, gather-waist gown....I like everything about her look with the exception of the color. It's too dull for a red carpet of this magnitude.

My Week with Marilyn star Julia Ormond (how can you forget her in one of my personal favs Legends of the Fall)  a navy (I've already discussed the color above) one-should ruching gown. She looked nice and I see she still has all that beautiful luxurious hair!

Access Hollywood's host Shaun Robinson wore a Romona Keveza gold lamé halter dress. She looked nice and appropriate for the occasion!

Giuliana Rancic looked very glamorous in Basil Soda! I'm really feelin' this gown!
Photos: Getty Images 

No comments:

Post a Comment