Monday, January 16, 2012

2012 GOLDEN GLOBES RED CARPET -YES!

The 2012 Golden Globes Awards took place in Los Angeles California last night (Jan. 15) and Hollywood walked the red carpet donning their best 'trying to get chosen' fits.

The red carpet looks ranged from yes, hell NO, to maybe so!

YES!

Viola Davis who was robbed bested by Meryl Streep (like that wench needs yet another award!)  for the 'Best Actress' gave'em a little leg...and then she took it back!

Charlize Theron who was arguably the best dressed of the night, fumbled just a little with her glittery headband and messy side ponytail. She was givin' little ballerina.

TV correspondent Maria Menounos surprised me with this uber chic, bold yet simple yellow sparkler! Take notes  Giuliana Rancic --who had several wardrobe changes for reason I will never know. #YourJobIsToCheckBags...WellCheck'emB!tch!

Nicole Kidman really surprised and wow'd me with her choice in dress...good deal!


Kate Winslet was kill'em...ohhhh!

Dame Helen Mirren was servin' as ALWAYS!

I really like Emma Stone's dress. The only thing I would have changed was the stone color in the belt. A rich bright, but deep green would have done the trick for the pop factor!

Lea Michele was trying to forewarn y'all that she's on the come up in this J-Lo-ish silvery number! Work yamp!

Julianne Moore tiered lace black number had me gaggin'...in a good way! Love how she always finds a way to throw some green in the mix!

I was a little on the fence about Salma Hayek's dress. I was really feeling the top portion but the bottom was givin' '70s disco ball. To be honest, I set a high standard for Salma's red carpet looks because her boo is the head of the company that owns such high-end fashion houses as Gucci, Yves Saint Laurent and Alexander McQueen, to name a few. So naturally Salma gets first dibs on pretty much all the bomb shit before it hits the streets. Therefore, I expect her to bring it on a red-gu-la!
Me likes Tilda Swinton's 'fit!

While Sofia Vergara is among the 'yes!,' she often wears dresses like this number, and I wish she would branch out of her comfort zone. 

Natalie Portman's dress looked very prom-ish and wack during last night coverage of the red carpet, but this picture has me reconsidering...it works for me!




Photos: Getty Images

No comments:

Post a Comment