Wednesday, September 7, 2011

QUOTED: MADONNA VS. LADY GAGA



"As for Lady Gaga, I have no comment to make about her obsessions having to do with me because I don't know whether her behavior is rooted in something deep and meaningful, or superficial." 
Madonna was reportedly quoted in Le Soir making the statement above.


Read more on this story after the break!

Madonna's rep, Liz Rosenberg told E! News, "I do know that [Madonna] has said many supportive things about Gaga over the years."


Lady Gaga's rep has yet to respond to Madonna's comments. 






Last year Lady Gaga received flack when she premiered and performed her hit single Born This Way at the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards. 


Critics panned Gaga's Born This Way single as a rip off of Madonna's classic Express Yourself.


However, after Gaga performed the hit single at the 2010 Grammy Awards, she claimed on The Tonight Show that Madonna's camp had sent her an email in support of the song.


It's no secret how much Gaga loves Madonna. In the past she has made several statements regarding her adoration for the Material Girl.
"You know, there is really no one that is a more adoring and loving Madonna fan than me," Gaga remarked. "I am the hugest fan personally and professionally. And… Well, the good news is, I got an e-mail from her people and her sending me their love and complete support on behalf of the single. And if the queen says it shall be, then it shall be..."
However, Madonna's rep later told E! News that she was not aware of any such email coming from their camp. #Shade


Well, well, well! What do we have here...


I want to preface by saying, I love me some Madonna (I've been playing out her two-disc Celebration for well over a year now!) and Lady Gaga!


With that said, isn't Madge working on a CD? 


The problem I have with Madonna's reported statement is that it came from left field. I mean Lady Gaga has been biggin' Madonna up since she rose to fame. 


It's not like when Gaga was on her come up she bit Madonna's whole steelo and then subliminally dissed her but smiled in her face. Then after Gaga first couple of singles performed less than stellar on the charts she decided to garner more buzz around her debut album by putting out a diss record aimed at Madonna using an "alter ego." *coughs Nicki Minaj*


Sidebar: I don't get this alter ego spiel. Why can't artist *coughs Beyonce, Nicki Minaj and the rest* boss up and just admit I feel like acting ho-ish in this music video or talking reckless about another artist on a diss track today. Instead we get the cop-outs, 'that's my alter ago.' #ChileBye.


Not only that, but I've seen Madonna and Lady Gaga ki-ki'in it up on more than one occasion. So what gives?







Chicks and Dicks please don't think for a moment that hip-hop artist are the only artist that throw shows and cabarets prior to putting out a new album. 


What's good for the goose, is MOS DEF good for the gander!


Ganked: E Online  

No comments:

Post a Comment