Thursday, February 24, 2011

THROWBACK VIDEOS OF THE WEEK: JUVENILE'S HA & TUPAC'S TO LIVE & DIE IN LA






That's you with that bad ass Benz ha
That's you that can't keep yo' old lady
cause you keep phuckin her friends ha
You gotta go to court ha
You got served a subpeona for child support ha
That was that nerve ha
You ain't even much get a chance to say a word ha
I know I ain't trippin don't your brother got them birds ha
You ready to bust one of them n***** head ha
You ain't scared ha
You know how to play it ha
I know you ain't just gonna let a n**** come and punk you ha
Stunt and front you ha
Straight up run you ha
You know who got that fire green ha
You know how to use a triple beam ha
Shit ain't hard as it seems ha
You keep your body clean ha
You got a lot of Girbaud jeans ha (Roxxy: *inserts HARD side-eye*)
Some of your partners dope fiends ha
You really don't want to fuck with them n***** ha
You come up with them n***** ha
You stuck with them n***** ha
You a paper chaser, you got your block on fire
Remaining a G until the moment you expire
You know what it is yo make nothing out of something
You handle your biz and don't be cryin and suffering


Sleep if you want!

I remember when I heard this song for the first time, I couldn't understand a word Juvie was saying. This was back in the day before the public was really versed by Toya in the Nola clap accent. However, the Manny Fresh beat was so infectious I got hyped in my door room anytime it came on (#bamma). Then once I actually learned the lyrics...forgetitabout! 

Juvie was always my favorite Cash Money Hot Boys because of his distinctive voice, delivery and word play. Besides, every time I see Juvie he reminds of the old hustla' from around D Street (in DC)...random, I know!

Sidebar: And how adorable was a young baby face Lil Wayne (at the 3:31 mark of the video) before his body was “marked up like the subway in Harlem” and the only girl I knew that was checking for him was Ms. Kesha Parks.

Check out Tupac's "To Live And Die In LA" video after the break!




"Living life thug style, so I can't smile."



This video was one of Pac's last videos before he was gunned down in Las Vegas, Nevada in 1996.

What can I say that hasn't already been said about him...I mean he was just INSANELY talented,  charismatic, classically beautiful (just look at that face!), EXTREMELY passionate about 'rythang, afro-centered thinker, a poet, shit talker...damn, I really miss him!

Sidebar: Why do those hood girl choruses be making rap songs so....#BOMB? *sings* Umm hmm hmmm to live and die and LA that's the place to be..."

No comments:

Post a Comment