Saturday, February 19, 2011

QUOTED: SARAH JESSICA PARKER TALKS 'SEX AND THE CITY 3'


L-R: Cynthia Nixon, Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall and Kristin Davis
 Sarah Jessica Parker on whether there will be a Sex And The City 3.
I would go back. I think there's one more story to tell. I know there is. I’d definitely tell that [third] story, and I know Michael would do it right. But maybe not now. Maybe in five years, you know? It’s not that I want to get away from Sex And The City (SATC). In a million years, who could get away from it? [It’s just that] if I’m not scared again that’s not good for me. That’s literally no good for me. If I'm not terrified and nauseous and worried the first two weeks of production, then what’s going to happen? You could wither on the vine. It’s like if you can’t use your leg. It just atrophies.”

 LA Times 
Sarah Jessica Parker's feelings on the rumors that actress Blake Lively of "Gossip Girl" fame may be taking on the role of a young Carrie Bradshaw. 
“I was like, Wha-a-a-a-t? There are a lot of important and interesting stories that 21-year-olds can tell, [and] I don’t begrudge any 21-year-old the opportunity to tell their stories. They prove to us on an everyday basis that they're interesting. Even their narcissism is interesting. Even their inertia is interesting. Even their tonal speech patterns are interesting, [b]ut I don’t think we can pretend to go back, [i]t’s creating two histories. It’s like, ‘Oh I didn’t know that about Carrie Bradshaw.’ ” LA Times
Candace Bushnell, who began writing a column about her and her friends’ lifestyle in 1994 for The New York Observer which HBO later adapted into the Sex And The City series, is set to publish “Summer and the City,” about a 19-year-old Carrie's move to New York which the prequel movie would be based on.

L-R: Candace Bushnell, Parker and Chris Noth (I'll find any excuse to post a picture of my beloved Mr. Big *sighs dreamingly*)
As some of you Chicks and Dicks know, I STAN for all things Sex And The City! With that said, I was really disappointed with Sex And The City 2. Sure I’ve watched the movie several times and I’m seriously contemplating purchasing the DVD, but in all honesty the movie just didn’t do it for me.

I could literally sit here all day and wax poetic about what went wrong (from character development to unrealistic storylines), but I will spare you.

Although I do think the ladies should put some distance between themselves and Sex And The City 2, I think waiting five years to do another movie is a tad bit much.


However, I do WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with my friend in my head Sarah Jessica Parker regarding her feelings on doing a Sex And The City prequel. Don’t do it Candace! I mean I know you didn’t make the smartest decision the first go around with selling the rights to your column to HBO for a measly $60,000 with no residuals on the series, syndication, merchandising, movies  --she basically got NATHAN when you compare what the franchise grosses annually…I mean who knew what we all now know as Sex And The City would be such a force? Who phucking knew!

Be that as it may, it is one thing to write a prequel Sex And The City book –-I know Candace, ‘you gots to get paid’ this go around, but it is an ENTIRELY different thing to try and re-create the confuse the audience characters by making a prequel movie to Sex And The City

A word of advice Candy (can I call you that?): Ain’t nobody gonna to buy dat boo!


Bushnell, Parker and Noth photos courtesy of Life.com

1 comment: