Wednesday, February 9, 2011

QUOTED: HALLE BERRY



“What I think is that that’s something she’s going to have to decide. I’m not going to put a label on it. I had to decide for myself, and that’s what she’s going to have to decide—how she identifies herself in the world. And I think, largely, that will be based on how the world identifies her. That’s how I identified myself. But I feel like she’s black. I’m black and I’m her mother, and I believe in the one-drop theory.”
Halle Berry’s response to Ebony Magazine question regarding what race Halle considers her daughter Nahla.

In related news, “sources” tell TMZ whenever Nahla's father, model Gabriel Aubry would read a story about Nahla that referred to her as "black," he would go off, insisting his baby was white.  Allegedly, Gabriel would tell Halle and others they should demand a "retraction" when such references were made regarding his daughter.

I’m just going to sit back in the cut and watch how this plays out…BEFORE I comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment