Saturday, February 26, 2011

ESSENCE'S 4TH ANNUAL BLACK WOMEN IN HOLLYWOOD LUNCHEON


Academy Award-winning actress/Essence honoree Jennifer Hudson and her adorable son David Otunga Jr.
Essence's held its 4th Annual Black Women in Hollywood luncheon this past Thursday (Feb. 24) in Los Angeles, California and this years theme was "Simply the Best Black Actress."

The luncheon was in honor of actresses Jennifer Hudson, Viola Davis, Angela Bassett and Loretta Devine for "help[ing] to illuminate positive images of Black women."

All In the Gang (l-r): Kimora Lee Simmons, Serena Williams, Nicole Ari Parker, Wendy Raquel Robinson, Jennifer Lewis, the other Vanessa Williams and Niecy Nash
Hey Mrs. Angie...gosh she needs more roles. She's such an AMAZING talent!
Pretty Girl Swag: Kerry Washington (love those shoes --especially the round toes oddly)
Viola Davis who was accompanied by her husband Julius Tennon
Brandy, her BFF tennis star Serena,  Robinne Lee
 and Gabrielle Union


Loretta was accompanied by her husband Glenn Marshall

Boris Kodjoe and wife Nicole
Check out many MORE pixs after the break!



Actress Victoria Rowell
Laz Alonzo
Jessie Williams
My chick Anika Noni Rose

Vanessa Bell Calloway *tries to resist the sudden urge to watch "Coming to America ("Whatever you like your Royal Highness")."

Tamera Mowry
Loretta looks really nice. I see she's cut back drastically on the foolishness!
Tayana Ali
Jennifer Lewis
Tamala Jones...I've always thought she was really pretty --her skin is a little oily (so is mine #itsaprocess :-( ) but pretty no less!

*Shakes head and throws hands up* Naturi Naughton...I've said my piece

Mary Mary

A pregnant Tia Mowry-Hardict

Marsha Ambrosius...I love the pattern and colors in her dress, but somehow I feel it's slightly ill-fitted for her small frame. She should holla'd at Ms. Kim in Georgetown.

Tasha Smith
Elise Neal
Lauren London...diggin' her 'fit, not sure its the appropriate occasion but she looks #kaute nonetheless.

HBO's "True Blood" star Rutina Wesley


Singer Brandy
Purty Lady: Jill Scott 

Access Hollywood co-host Shauna

Nettie Akosua Busia and Williams

Lela Rochon! Sidebar: I want to read the sequel to Terry McMillian's "Waiting to Exhale" titled "Getting to Happy." I wonder if they will do a sequel to the movie as well  (#prettyplease) .

Forest Whitaker...I wonder if they do decide to do a "Waiting to Exhale" sequel if they will get Forest to direct the movie again.

JHud aka The Body

Awe!!!




JHud's Chicktastic shoes!

Love Gabrielle Union's hair and make-up



Sharon Leal
Angela Simmons is starting to worry me that she may have caught the girl, you just wanna be seen...knock yourself out syndrome! I hope not because I actually like her

I hope her foot heals, I miss seeing her out on the court!

Tichina "you got a cute lil voice for yeh yeh yeh round the house (that line still cracks me up to this day)" Arnold


Kimora looks very #kaute here and appears to have drop some weight!

Ms. Bevy Smith (another reason to join Twitter, she is he-larry-us!) poses with the ladies.

Actress Amy Adams and *insert side-eye* Miss Jay of America Next Top Model fame.




Cutie-patootie David Jr.

I can just hear him now, "It was like that when I got here mom, honest."







J-Huddy and Sex And The City producer Michael Patrick King (Since you guys seem to have your heart dead set on doing SATC3 --you won't here any complaints over this way, can we get a J-Hud appearance?)

What a little pudding pop!



I would love to have been a fly on wall to hear what they were talking so intensively about!

Check out MANY more pixs from this event over at Essence.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment