Friday, August 6, 2010

SHAQ SIGNS WITH BOSTON | MATT BARNES & GLORIA GOVAN CALL OFF WEDDING | RON ARTEST GUEST HOST TMZ



According to ESPN, Shaquille “Shaq” O'Neal aka "The Big Aristotle" (lol!) has signed a 2 season contract to play with NBA’s Boston Celtics, worth $3 million.

Shaq will join teammates Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnet (cutie!), Ray Allen, Rajon Rondo and newly signed center Jermaine O’Neal (no relation).
"I am honored to be joining the Celtics," Shaq said in a statement issued by the club. "I have played against Paul, Ray, Kevin, Rajon, and Jermaine for many years and it will be great to be able to call them my teammates. I cannot wait to get to Boston to get started in pursuit of another championship." Source

First Miami scores Lebron and D-Wade on the same team (honestly can’t include Bosh because I never heard of him before the trade) and then Lakers score Matt Barnes (more on him later) yall know I’m just phucking with you…As Shaunie said, “Matt who?” now the Celtics get Shaq to add to their high profile roster… I think I’m going to have to actively start watching NBA games again!

This is taking me back to my childhood years in the late 80’s and 90’s when there was at least 4 superstars players on every team; you knew there names even if you weren’t into basketball …ah, back when the NBA was exciting to watch!

Now if we can only get my guy A.I. on a winning team so he can get at least one championship before he retires…all will be right in my world.

Check out info on Matt Barnes (I know, who? Can you just humor me for a second though!) and his fiancé Gloria Govan of VH1’s Basketball Wives (BW) fame,  calling off their August wedding plus info on Ron Artest hosting TMZ after the break!





So, I first spotted info on Matt and Gloria Govan calling off their August 21st wedding on blogger Necole Bitchie site last week, but I thought I would wait to post the info until the rumor was dispelled or more information was released.

Since none of the above occurred, peep the rumor below!
Over the weekend, a few of the groomsmen for his [Matt’s] wedding were attending another basketball player’s wedding when they received a text that the wedding had been canceled. Matt’s only reply to inquiries wondering what could have happened was “Please respect my privacy”.
 *Gucci Mane voice* Well damn!

As some of you Chicks and Dicks remember on BW, Gloria seemed to come off all stank-a-dank near the ending of the season with the other BW castmates.

On BW Gloria could be seen bragging about how wonderful her and Matt’s relationship was and how jealous the other BWs were of their relationship or how Royce would “never be a basketball wife” and was just a “Twitter-crazed cheerleader."

I have to admit when I first began watching the show, I did feel Gloria was right in her assessment that some of the BWs *coughs* Evelyn and Jennifer were jealous of her relationship with Matt.

However as the show progressed, I felt Gloria’s anger towards Royce, who is seen being nothing but nice to her in the beginning, was misplaced. I think Gloria thought it would be easier to pick on Royce then say someone like Shaunie O'Neal (Shaq's wife), Evelyn or Susie…needless to say, that’s when I stop feeling Gloria.

I hear that chick karma is a motherphucker Gloria *cues Alicia Keys’ song Karma *wink*!

In related news, all isn’t lost since I hear Matt just signed a 2 season deal with the Lakers for $3.6 million. Look on the bright side Gloria, at least he’s keeping a check…*wonders why Matt is making more money on his 2 season deal than Shaq.…then remembers they both make way more guap than me and steps off*.




Los Angeles Lakers champion/Queensbridge’s native dun Ron Artest took over Harvey’s hosting duties at TMZ yesterday click here to watch this funny clip plus learn why Ron thinks Paris Hilton has so much swagger.



No comments:

Post a Comment