Friday, August 27, 2010

I LOVE THE FOOLISHNESS: GO GO FENTY HEE HAWS FOR DC VOTERS!

Posted by: Roxxanne Roxxanne

"He the only mayor I know that don't ride with no secret service or NUFFIN...the man is gully!"

There is a highly anticipated mayoral race underway in Washington D.C. between incumbent Mayor Adrian Fenty and DC Chairman Vincent Gray.

Although, I am really disappointed in many of the decisions Fenty has made as mayor of  DC, I haven't really done much research on Gray, so I'm undecided until September 14.

Now to the important stuff, please feast your eyes on this utterly hysterical video (after the break) of Mayor Fenty being schooled on how to do the "hee haw," an old school DC GoGo dance, by none other than a member from the Junk Yard Band during a neighborhood concert.



Where else but DC would someone call the Mayor to the stage by saying, "I just gotta try my hand, Fenty lemme holla at you"; then ask the Mayor if he "got some boogie" in him and then proceed to coach the Mayor by saying "get in you baseball/football stance and rock wit it!"

Things I Noticed In The Video
 1. Random voice in the background screaming "aye black, aye black" several times.
2. Several Frankie-ish baseheads folks sprinkled throughout the crowd acting a fool.
3. The Frankie in the front row with the floral fuchsia top I guess said phuck a handkerchief and just went for what she knew and used her dress as a substitute.
4. Copious amounts of hee hawin' and beatin' yo feet being performed by audience members ranging from a middle-age Cat Daddy in a fedora to a teenage boy.
5. Fenty was trying his hardest to stay on beat.
6. *rolls eyes* And the obvious...the band member with the long light blue jean shorts just acting like a cold bamma throughout (especially around the 4:30 mark)... I mean was all that really necessary?


You know you're from DC if you watched the video and laugh so hard that you begin to cry WHILE unconsciously rocking to the GoGo beat!

2 comments:

  1. ROTFL...I can't take this video right now. Did you see the thicky thick dude on the drums with the plaid couchie cutters on that look like somebody threw a bucket of cold water on him...I'm dying right now

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOT DAYUMIT I NEED UPDATES LADY!!!!! PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete