Thursday, July 15, 2010

WHO DAT, WHO DAT?: J. COLE

Posted by: Roxxanne Roxxanne



So yesterday, I posed this question to my more musically inclined friends (they usually keep their ear to skreets about the hottest music): 'Do you like J. Cole?'


About half of my friend didn't have a clue who he was. 


So "who dat"? I'll let him explain after the break!









"Who dat, who datBitch I got that flame, so don't worry about my mother****ing name!


Jermaine "J. Cole" Cole was raised in Fayetteville, North Carolina and graduated magna cum laude from St. John's University.  In between that time he developed a knack for rapping. He has released two mix-tapes, 2007's "The Come Up" and 2009's "The Warm Up," for which he handled a good portion of the production.


He's had a number of standout features on other artist records, most notably Jay-Z's "The Blueprint 3" album, on the song titled "A Star Is Born (he killed it!)" and "Beautiful Bliss (murdered him on his track!)" off of Wale's debut album, "Attention Deficit."


J. Cole has tentative plans to release his debut album under Jay-Z's Roc Nation imprint on October 26, 2010 and is said to be working on production for Wale's sophomore album.


HipHopDx interviewed J. Cole back in May and asked him which artist he would produce for, if he got the chance,
“I would do a whole Nas album, I feel like I got one more classic waiting. I believe that somehow if he someone reads this, I got a classic waiting for him. I’d produce a Wale album. If I could really get my weight up, I would produce a Beyonce album. Not just because she’s Beyonce and she’s the biggest, just because I feel like she’s the best.”
Sounds good to me!


In my opinion, J. Cole is the frontrunner in the race to lead the future of hip hop, sorry Drake

2 comments:

  1. OK OK OK...I've heard the song...he is def talented....but there is a lot of talent out there....he needs the right ppl in his corner, ppl legitimately on his side and his career will pick up in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has a nice flow.

    ReplyDelete