Monday, July 12, 2010

NEW VIDEO FIX: JANELLE MONAE'S TIGHTROPE FEAT. B.O.B. & LUPE FIASCO

Posted by: Roxxanne Roxxanne



Janelle Monae has released a new video for the remix of her single "Tightrope" featuring hip-hop newcomer B.o.B and Lupe Fiasco.

Everyone is spitting "hot fire (shoutouts to Dylan)" on this track including Janelle...and I'm VERY impressed with her!

It usually gets on my nerves when a new artist comes out and everyone instantly starts comparing them to the one(s) that came before, but I have to say that Janelle is reminding of Lauryn Hill in this video. Not in the sense of Lauryn's style and delivery but rather her presence and authenticity.

I'll admit when I was first introduce to Janelle, I thought she came from the school of "doin' da most" and received a degree in "trying too hard to be different," but after viewing some of her recent performances and this new video, she's definitely making me a believer of her talents and originality!

Anyway, check out the video after the break!

3 comments:

  1. i dont like her

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love her it takes an open mind

    ReplyDelete
  3. care to share why you don't like Janelle?

    ReplyDelete