Friday, July 30, 2010

ELLEN DEGENERES LEAVES AMERICAN IDOL

Posted by: Roxxanne Roxxanne



Popular daytime talk show host, Ellen DeGeneres has decided to leave her part-time gig as one of the co-host of Fox's hit singing competition, American Idol.

"A couple of months ago, I let Fox and the 'American Idol' producers know that this didn't feel like the right fit for me," said DeGeneres.

DeGeneres went on to say, "[i]t was a difficult decision to make, but my work schedule became more than I'd bargained for."

She admitted that critiquing contestants on the show just wasn't her thing. "I realized this season that while I love discovering, supporting and nurturing young talent, it was hard for me to judge people and sometimes hurt their feelings."

Although Ellen has left the show, the departure seems amicable. "I loved the experience of working on 'Idol,' and I am very grateful," says DeGeneres.

Rumors has it my girl Jennifer Lopez will be one of the new judges joining Idol this upcoming season.

Also rumors are surfacing that Kara DioGuardi was fired as a judge on Idol and the show will be going back to a 3-panel judge format with Aerosmith frontman Steve Tyler joining Jennifer Lopez and original Idol judge Mr. Randy Watson Jackson, from the "What's Going Down" episode of "That's My Momma" this season as a judge.

Jessica Simpson name has also been tossed around as possibly joining Idol as a new judge this season.

This past January, Simon Cowell, one of three original judges on Idol, made the announcement that this past season would be his last as co-host. Also, Paula Abdul left Idol last year over a contract dispute concerning her salary.

I personally don't think being a judge on Idol is a good look for JLo. Naysayers can say what they want about Jenny, but she is a superstar! I think viewers seeing her every Tuesday night hosting Idol may make her too accessible and diminish her star power..."just my thoughts man, right or wrong...just what I was feeling at the time."


Source: 1 and 2

No comments:

Post a Comment