Thursday, April 15, 2010

KELIS' INTERVIEW WITH LONDON'S SUNDAY TIMES, "I will literally kill you. If it’s between you and my kid, you do not have a chance." PLUS FLASHBACK VIDEO!

Posted by: Roxxanne Roxxanne

Photo Source: Rankin

Kelis on loving her 30s


My mom always used to tell us, ‘Your twenties? Whatever. In your thirties you’ll be your most beautiful, your sexiest, your smartest.’ I’ve been through so many life changes getting here, it’s, like, she was right.

Kelis talks about her current single Acapella being about her new son Knight and the “foodie” words she uses to describe him

‘[B]efore you, my whole life was acapella’ — like, before you came I was singing alone, there was no music. Kelis’ says little Knight is “scrumptious”, “delicious”, “yummy”!

Kelis on being in labor for 67 hours and how she’ll MURK someone over Knight (awe!)



[I feel] really savage. I was in labour for 67 hours. I went natural, and it was savage! If you ever doubted the glory of God, you have to rethink that after having a baby. I mean, there’s no way I could have done this by myself. There is a creator…I mean, I will literally kill you. If it’s between you and my kid, you do not have a chance.
Kelis doesn’t hold grudges but will she will get up on your mix
I definitely get verbal and confrontational…but once I get it out, I’m good. If life knocks you down, you just get up again. And again. And again.”

Kelis on her mood while recording Fleshtone


The mood I was in was so robust and full of life. Being pregnant and recording was awesome. I just felt I had so much to say.

Kelis sees herself running a restaurant in 10 years


Everything I do I’m like, make it fun! This life has been a blessing, but there’s a lot of sacrifice that comes with it, and if I can’t have fun while I’m doing it, then it’s not worth it.
To read the full interview head on over to the Sunday Times.



Speaking of Kelis, I was listening to her first CD, Kaleidoscope the other day, and I forgot how much I absolutely ADORE her song/video for “Get Along With You.”

That is definitely my all-time favorite Kelis single.


The video was directed by acclaimed video director Paul Hunter (he use to work with Hype Williams...obviously!) and it was so ahead of it’s time back in 1999!

You took my heartbeat from me
This is the saddest story
What was wrong with my love?
You took my heartbeat from me
Was it I loved you poorly?


Whatever it was, I just wanna get along with you
You took my heartbeat from me
This is the saddest story
What was wrong with my love?
You took my heartbeat from me
Should have just stabbed it for me
From ashes to dust, I just wanna get along with you

Check out “Get Along With You,” below!

2 comments:

  1. LUV Kelis and RR did u say Merk lmao

    PRODUCTHOE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Kelis as an artist what she brings to the industry. I was sent a snippet of Acapella a few months ago, and I absolutely loved it. I look forward to hearing what you think about Fleshtone! Keep blogging,this website is very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete