Tuesday, March 9, 2010

IT'S A CELEBRATION BITCHES: DIDDY THROWS BIGGIE-THEMED PARTY IN BROOKLYN TODAY

Posted by: Roxxanne Roxxanne

Sean “Diddy” Combs has announced that he will be throwing a party in Brooklyn today to honor Christopher "Biggie" Wallace. Diddy also says that he is pushing for March 9 to be recognized as a national hiphop holiday

Today, marks the 13th anniversary of Biggie death. Biggie was murdered in L.A. after leaving the Soul Train Awards afterparty hosted by VIBE Magazine, when an unknown gun fired shots into a Suburban truck Biggie was traveling in.

I still remember the day I found out Biggie died like it was yesterday. It was on a Sunday and my friend called me early in the morning and broke the news. It was so shocking because I just watched him perform at the Soul Train Awards the night before. I can’t believe it’s been 13 years!

Biggie is the reason I actually went from just listening to hiphop when it came on the radio (I was a R&B chick back then) to dissecting the lyrics; purchasing hiphop albums and being a die-hard hiphop fan to this day. Thank you Biggie for sharing your gift with the world.

Check out my favorite Biggie video, the remix to“One More Chance” below. I crack up every time I see Total do their signature dance move…shoutout to Bonita from 9th grade math class (inside joke)!



To learn more about the Biggie party taking place in Brooklyn today head over to MTV.

No comments:

Post a Comment