Thursday, March 4, 2010

CHICK FLICKS: 3RD ANNUAL ESSENCE'S BLACK WOMEN IN HOLLYWOOD LUNCHEON

Posted by: Roxxanne Roxxanne

Essence magazine is holding their 3rd annual Black Women in Hollywood Luncheon at the Beverly Hills Hotel as I type. The luncheon is honoring four remarkable African-American women making a significant impact in Hollywood.

The honorees include: Queen Latifah (Power Award), Zoe Saldana (Star to Watch Award), Mary J. Blige (Songstress of the Year) and Gabourey Sidibe (Best Breakthrough Performance).

WOW!!! Can I just say that BLACK IS TRULY BEAUTIFUL!

Everyone for the most part looks CHICKTASTIC, but you know someone always has to break bad. *Cue Auntie Cicely Tyson flick* I’m trying to respect my elders…BUT YOU TRIED IT and ran away with it!

Anyway check out the flicks below!

***Click on the photo to enlarge***

Mary J. Blige...favorite look from the event sans the shoes and bag.

This is Gabby's year, but I'm going to need you to open them eyes up baby.

Queen Latifah lookin' good!

Zoe Saladana REALLY loves these lacy Chanel (assuming it's Chanel) frocks. I would love to see her stray out of her comfort zone...she always seems to wear this type of look...love the shoes though!

My Nia is looking exquisite as always and sporting a Snooki tan.

 Tamera Mowry and Tia Mowry-Hardrict..."sister, sistah...never knew how much I missed ya!" I always feel the need to sing that when  I see them together.

DC's finest,Taraji P. Henson.

Looking good Auntie Vivica!

Cuteness = Letoya Lucket and KeKe Palmer

Where you been hiding Mrs. Jada Pinkett-Smith?

Anika Noni Rose...love her and that dress!

I see Keri Hilson finally let go of herWet Seal hoodstar ambitions. She looks really nice and grown up. This is my second favorite look of the night.

Paula Patton looks so "Precious" pregnant!

Told you guys Auntie Cicely was on dat foolishness! Call me crazy, but I like the headpiece. BUT you're either going to rock the dress or the headpiece, but NOT both at the same time.

Lela Rochon and Garcelle Beauvais

Serena Williams and Sheryl Lee Ralph look bella!

Tracee Ellis Ross...is one of my personal favs, but that Uncle Ruckus' wonk eye she's sporting is very distracting!

CoverGirl model Tamiko Fraser looks flawless!

Tichina Arnold looks the best I ever seen her look...get it!

Go Laila Ali! She seems like a really cool BUT no nonsense kind of Chick. Not to mention she would  probably be a good friend to have around if something ever popped off.

The beautiful Tatyana Ali.

Soon to be divorce cutiepie Malinda Williams. Can you and D-Nice work it out if not for yourself, then for me PRETTY please!

Kyla Pratt is all grown up and and fabulous...she is wearing that gray dress!

I really like Victoria Rowell's look, but it seems a little dress down compared to the other attendees outfits.

The other Vanessa Williams was in the building.

And last BUT not least, Common..."he fine, you better watch him, (© Boyz ‘N Hood)" Serena!

To view more flicks from the Luncheon click on Essence Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment