Friday, October 2, 2009

CHICK PICK VIDEO: DONNELL JONES "WHERE I WANNA BE"

Posted by Roxxanne Roxxanne


I remember this song was like the break-up anthem when I was in college.


As soon as this song hit the scene back in '99, folks were getting dropped faster than Young Moola dropped *imitating Marcus Houston yelling* Omarion!


I'm not sure if this song helped people find the right words to say, "[t]his ain't working out boo...so I'm out!" Or were people just on "some following sh*t" ((c) Lil Kim). Either way, this song had a huge impact on college campus relationships (and relationships in general) across the country.


My favorite part of the song is when Donnell sings, "[g]irl, the love that we share is real, but in time your heart will heal. I'm not saying I'm gone, but I have to find what life is like...without you (he lets the "you" linger like a mugg).


The "without you" verse is exquivalent to the scene in Waiting to Exhale when Michael Beach character says to Angela Bassett''s character, "[s]he doesn't want to be alone tonight. And I figure why should she be?"


That "without you" verse in Where I Wanna Be is like the ultimate phuck off!



Donell Jones - Where I Wanna Be (Official Music Video) - A funny movie is a click away

No comments:

Post a Comment