Tuesday, August 25, 2009

We Miss You: The 8th Anniversary of Aaliyah's Death

Posted by: Roxxanne Roxxanne I can't believe 8 years has passed since Aaliyah's death. I remember where I was the day I heard she had passed. It was Friday, August 25, 2001, and I was packing to get ready to return to college for my last year. I just couldn't believe it and sometimes I still forget she is no longer with us. Aaliyah was such a great talent...she danced effortlessly and her voice was soft yet strong and alluring. The thing that stuck out to me most about her was how genuine she seemed. It didn't matter if she was being interviewed, shooting a music video, or appearing at an award show, she always gave me the impression that she was just being herself. You could tell Aaliyah was very comfortable in her own skin and it showed especially when she performed. She had a special quality about her that very few celebrities have today. With Aaliyah, fans adored her because she had that girl next door appeal. You felt like you knew her, but she left you wanting to know more. Since Aaliyah passed in 2001, no other artist has been able to capture that... je na sais quoi (that certain something) she possessed...and I doubt any artist will for a long time... Below is a link to one of my favorite Aaliyah videos...the scene in the rain...http://http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnFKa8iuwHU Rest In Peace Aaliyah!

No comments:

Post a Comment